Thanks

MS OFC 2013 cratered when nonMS firewall/antiviri/antimalware exists

Days after purchasing a new Acer, running Windows 8.0, MS OFC 2013 cratered when nonMS firewall/antiviri/antimalware exists. Microsoft tech worked with me and worked on the PC a long time...if only MS firewall, MS Windows Defender [formerly MSE on earlier versions], existed, then the 2013 Ofc Suite was fine. However, as soon as Comodo Firewall, Avast Antivirus, Malwarebytes AM existed - Word would cease to function.
    I was able to call up the main menu, however clicking file - resulted in Word completely disappearing, Excel too. NonWorking in short. I ended up completely uninstalling Ofc Suite 2013 and giving it, the license, to a computer fixit friend of mine. Since the giveaway, I have downloaded, installed LibreOffice & OpenOffice [in that order], and those two suites could care less what alligators are in the castle's security moat. They are fully functioning.
    My present question set: Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone come up with an analysis of the problem cause[s]?
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    That suggests there was something seriously wrong with your hardware, OS and/or Office installation. The behaviour is far from normal.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks
    Macropod, that's entirely possible! since I had altex rollback the laptop from W8 to W7, that problem's moot for me. I was wondering if anyone else ever ran across such a problem with MS OFC 2013 and Windows 8, or Windows 7.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/