2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

random cursor moves in gmail

I have a problem with my mouse/keyboard in that when typing a sentence it seems every time I end a sentence, hit space and type the letter "I" the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line. The details: Windows 7 HP desktop fully updated, Chrome version 40, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, Chrome extension for Logitech is installed. I have: uninstalled mouse and keyboard software (Setpoint) D/L and install updated version, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension - rebooting between) even had wife and daughter try typing and problem still returns, so it is not my fingers. It does not happen in Word, Print Shop, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks
    Same problem when using that mouse and keyboard with a different computer?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll give it a try, thanks!

Thanks
    No problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulh7436 View Post
    I have a problem with my mouse/keyboard in that when typing a sentence it seems every time I end a sentence, hit space and type the letter "I" the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line. The details: Windows 7 HP desktop fully updated, Chrome version 40, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, Chrome extension for Logitech is installed. I have: uninstalled mouse and keyboard software (Setpoint) D/L and install updated version, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension - rebooting between) even had wife and daughter try typing and problem still returns, so it is not my fingers. It does not happen in Word, Print Shop, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Have seen this a few times w/ wireless keyboards. Usually caused by the battery in the keyboard getting flat; try a new battery.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    My optical mouse started doing that when it died. A new mouse cured the problem.