Thread: Bold to normal.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Bold to normal.

Not a really TP subject but if the power that be can read this, so fine !
    When reading messages in this forum and others, the unread items are listed in Bold letters. When going back to the menu, they are still in bold even if read. I have to do the F5 key and then after it refreshes, the already read messages are in standard font. Can this be fixed ? Jean.

Thanks
    I find I have to click on the forum name at the top or bottom of the message list to show the item as read. Using the browser back button calls up the previous unread state. Also, if there are two or more pages of message replies, you have to go to the last page to reset it as read.

I'm also moving this thread to the more appropriate Forum feedback.

Jerry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

handcuff36 (2014-11-07)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry, good move on your part, to move this, I had no idea where to place it.

I keep all messages as read as I read them all, so I do not have to go bottom or/and last page. As soon as I click the IE back button, I do the F5 and I then know where I stand. I have to keep things simple. As long as we know what to do, is the main point. I will never try to proselytise to MY way. Jean.

Thanks
    I've now started using the What's new? tab. It lists everything that I haven't read so far. Once I've read a post, I click the What's new? tab again and the list appears reduced by the one post I've just read. If I don't want to read a particular thread, I just click the What's new? tab once, then again when the thread appears (I don't move the cursor of the tab). Simples!