Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Rip, not RIP. (Requiescat in Pace )

Hello.
    Has anybody here been able to Rip CD music to Media Player in TP ? I can not, it says as I hit the Rip button that it is unable to do so, these CDs will Rip in W-8 so it is not a "protection" of the data.
    Yet, I can play music from the W-8 machine on TP, over the LAN ! Amazing world !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    Hello.
    Has anybody here been able to Rip CD music to Media Player in TP ?...
    Just ripped an audio CD in Win10TP build 9860 no problem.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Coochin, and good morning.
    So it seems that it should work ! Today, I will compare my two machines, W8 and W10, to see where I have not set this up cricket. I forget if Media Player was in TP from the start or did I import it from W8, what is your opinion on this ? Have a great upside-down day. Jean.

Later ! I have found a bone in my setup. when going to Options in the Media Player, I can not input a destination for the ripped data, eg:

Rip.jpg

Where can I modify this line ? Thanks again. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2014-11-10 at 09:48.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Win10 TP Build 9860 and WMP works fine. By default the file location for saving is populated with/showing as C:\Users\UserNameHere\Music, will save to that location. The first time it was opened there was a message with 2 choices about the setup and I chose the default.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Berton.
    Yes, this is what my W8 shows too. The TP version here just refuses to even accept an input from my keyboard. Total Nogo here. If you look at the .jpg that I included above, you will see where there is a cursor in the "Rip Music to this location", I can not input anything at all. The two prompts to the right in this square are inoperative, clicking on Change... or File Name... gets no action whatsoever. Thanks for your time. Jean.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by handcuff36 View Post
    ...Where can I modify this line ? Thanks again. Jean.
    You should be able to click the "Change" button and browse to the folder where you want ripped files to be saved. Strange that the "Rip music to this location" box is empty in your screenshot.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    Try running media player as Administrator.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Good morn, Jerry.
    No joy ! I looked into Security and I find that in this function, I can not change anything, everything is "greyed out ". Is there a way that I can reload WMP from the install DVD ? Jean.