New Lounger
    Thanks

Cool MS Access 2007 userform toolbox missing the "additional controls"

Hello,
    I am configuring some userforms in access 2007 and I need to put a date picker on the form. I can do this in excel, word but not in access. Is this possible?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    See this thread in the Office Dev Center forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...orum=accessdev - the bottom line is that you don't need an OCX control unless you want to do really specialized date things. Any field that is formatted as a date shows a small date picker when it has focus.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,
    Thank you for your reply. Maybe I'm confused but this link looks to apply to textboxes in the access forms textbox properties. I am in VB creating Userforms that I want to put a date picker in. I am attaching a screenshot showing what I see. The toolbox in this picture, when I right click on it, doesn't have the "additional controls" option so I can't select anything.
    I have read all the comments on using the activeX (OCX) control and how it is not supported in 2010 and I wouldn't want it anyway since I don't want to visit the 100 users of my database to verify they have this on their machines.
    If there is a way to achieve a popup calendar on a VB userform, that would be awesome for me.

Thanks again for your response, it is appreciated!userform.png

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    OK, let's clarify things - in Access you have two basic tools you can use to provide a user interface. They are Forms and Reports. User Forms are a Word/Excel construct, and quite different from Access forms. When you say you are creating "UserForms" in VB, do you mean that you are actually creating a front-end in Visual Basic to connect to an Access back-end file? If so, your choices are quite limited. However if you are working on Forms using the Access form design tools, and using VBA, then you do have a basic date-picker that can be defined for any text box that contains a date just by turning on the DatePicker Visible property. That was added in 2007. Have a look at the video tutorial Microsoft Access 2007 tutorial - How to show Date Picker. If you are attempting to do something with Access from Excel or Word, then Automation would be my choice.
    Wendell

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WendellB For This Useful Post:

Tmac67 (2014-11-13)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,
    I am creating userforms in vb, see attached pic for one of them. I have many access "forms" that use the date picker so I am aware of those.
    I am quickly finding out that the "userform" in access is limited, I was just hoping someone might have known a way of setting a date picker for the userforms
    I was making using some fancy coding. I thank you for your replies and I also want to thank this lounge for giving a lot of ideas that I would have had a difficult time figuring out on my own.

Thanks again
    Capture.JPG