New Lounger
    Thanks

some connections blocked

Hi,
    I have a weird problem since a few weeks now. My internet connections works fine but some programs can't connect.
    I first encountered it when I wanted to play MechWarriorOnline. It had worked just fine for over a year then suddenly I just cant login when I launch the game client anymore. The client itself is launched via a launcher, which connects just fine. Patches work but when I launch the actual game I can't login (it says servers undergoing maintenance which is just a wrong error message). Contacted support, did as they suggested (which was turn off firewall, antivirus, update windows, update graphics driver) but to no avail.
    The second problem is when I try to download a game i bought on gamersgate. That too worked just fine before but not anymore. GG works in a way that you download a small .exe file, open it and it will download the game. When i try to open that .exe downloader it says I lack internet connection and should try to disable firewall. Needless to say that I tried that but again, doesnt help.

I tried the windows 7 problem solving feature about connectivity/network but it doesnt do much except it either cant find a problem or cant solve all the problems (e.g. the PNRPSvc or the p2pimsvc service is not running, "topic is not available", IPv6 is not activated, ...)
    Now i dont remember changing my computer configuratioin or anything prior to this issue so I have no idea what to do except a complete windows reinstallation, which I would like to avoid

Can anyone help me?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try them in either Safe Mode with Networking or in a clean boot http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-i...ate-in-windows

Audio won't work in Safe Mode but it will isolate any non-essential services/programs on your computer.

Thanks
    This is simply a wild guess, I'm wondering if Windows Repair (All in One) flushing the DNS cache & maybe another click or two related to internet connectivity migh help here.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudo15 View Post
    Try them in either Safe Mode with Networking or in a clean boot http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-i...ate-in-windows

Audio won't work in Safe Mode but it will isolate any non-essential services/programs on your computer.
    Thank you for the hint. I didn't do it but I am sure it would have worked because it gave me the idea to uninstall a few programs I didn't even use/need that were launched on windows start and the problem was solved. Sometimes all you need is a little push in the right direction, again thanks a lot!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad you were able to resolve it.

If the program sizes were substantial that you uninstalled then a Defrag won't go amiss either.