2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The UAC feature and classic access

Hi

How do I make sure that when, the UAC window is displayed in each type of account, the Username and Password fields are empty and editable?

Thanks

Bye

Thanks
    The only user ID's/passwords that will work are members of the Administrators group. Those are your only choices, and if there is more than one such account, they are selectable via the dropdown.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In other words, I would need that, in the Username field, no user name is automatically displayed in the UAC window for security reasons.

Thanks

Bye

Thanks
    If a user who is a member of the Administrators group is logged in, the the UAC prompt does not display a user ID, just a dialog box with the option to approve or disapprove the impending action. If a regular user is logged on, the UAC prompt will consist of an Administrators group member ID in the ID field, and a blank password field. If there is more than one user on the machine who is a member of the Administrators group, then a dropdown allows for selection of the desired Administrators group user ID.

That's the way it works. Perhaps someone else knows of another way, but the only way I know of to have no user ID shown in a UAC prompt is to disable UAC, which I do not advise.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbearren View Post
    ...the only way I know of to have no user ID shown in a UAC prompt is to disable UAC, which I do not advise...
    Careful mate, there might be a bunyip lurking in that billabong.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.