3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Motherboard error 108

Rebooted my computer (XP) and after a long delay with an Intel splash screen I get ERROR 108. As near as I can tell it's a motherboard error code ... but I can't find any reference that tells me what it means. ... The motherboard is Intel desktop ... D915GAG/D915PSY. ... One time it went through the boot up normally. But then I had to do a reboot, and I'm back to the same problem. What in the world is error 108, and how do I cure the problem that is causing the error?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just discovered that when the error message comes up (couples with press F4 to supposedly fix something) ... if I press F5 the boot process continues and windows starts. ... Have no idea what is going on, or what is missing.

Thanks
    You might want to start looking through documentation on your board regarding error codes.
    Intel will offer plenty of documents in PDR format for download that you can look through.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, that was the first place I looked. Downloaded the manual. But error codes are all text codes not numbers. There is no error 108 in Intel's documentation.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Do you get any of the error beeps that are listed on P.106 of the manual ?

This article may have some answers for you and perhaps running chkdsk without any parameters if it is the start of HDD failure. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...0-press-resume

http://hddscan.com/
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-11-13 at 06:48.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you describe the beeps? All I hear are some very soft clicks. But nothing I would describe as a beep. .. On a previous computer there were beeps when the motherboard went. ... Do the beeps come directly from the motherboard? Or from an attached speaker?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    According to P.106 of https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...chProdSpec.pdf there's a speaker mounted on the motherboard.

It's on the last page so you'll have to scroll down a fair bit.

Soft clicks can be a sign of HDD failure - see what HDDScan-3.3 as linked in my previous post gives for your HDD.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-11-13 at 07:25.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I'll do some more checking.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, I don't know what exactly was happening ... but on a hunch, I solved the problem. I installed the updated BIOS for the motherboard, from Intel. Now everything is running smoothly. .. Thanks everyone for suggestions.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Glad you found a solution but it's strange that the BIOS should have become corrupt.