Banned Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up (Now) Build 9879

Well, we are, now, on Build 9879. Welcome to another installment. (Get it? 'install'ment heehee)

Everything in life (& computing) should be this easy. 1-Clk New Builds... who'da thunk it... Geeesh, like die & gone to heaven.

Have only been w/ it briefly but, immediately notice this is some crazy speed... not, even, time to spell F-A-S-T. Holy cr@p!

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, Drew. Here, I just do not get it, I followed Jerry's suggestion and got to "Download Now", clicked it and the five small dots go around now for 30 minutes and do nothing. It should, methinks, ask me for a path to save the .iso but I do not get that prompt.
    I changed my Slow to Fast and back again a few times, no joy. Is there a step that I am missing ?

Any directions-suggestions will be followed to a T. Jean.

Windows 10OS.jpg

Further, this is what I see :

Pre.jpg

To the right of the Now, are the small dots going 'round. No matter how I go about this, I seem to be locked out.

Humble and humbler still. I take it all back. This was an update, not a new build as such to D/L as an .iso and install. My mistake in semantics. It is now installing on this old Lenovo. Jean.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2014-11-13 at 10:22.

Thanks
    The slow vs Fast option just controls how often you get new builds, it doesn't control download speeds. Just be patient with the download. You can do other work while you are waiting for the download to complete and you get the Install Now button.

Jerry

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, Jerry. It all worked out, I am now on it. I should have lit on the fact that the LEDs both on the HD and the router were quite active. The HD could be heard doing its stuff.

I have not really used it so far, it just finished installing. More later. Thanks to all here. Jean.

Windows 10OS.jpg

Thanks
    Enjoy the new build Jean.

Jerry

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Actually, Jean, it IS a New Build, Build #9879. We, now, get New Builds, seemingly as Updates. Patience, Grasshopper... one must just watch the little dots spin.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey ! guys, I think that this build is ripping fine. At least it accepted my click and then the button changed to "Stop ripping". I will let you know later. Jean.

Windows 10OS.jpg

Yes, the ripping was carried out. I did not do anything special/different. JP.
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2014-11-24 at 09:19.