Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 Ultimate ISO

To be able to do a fresh instal on MS W 7 Home premium I had to purchased an upgrade program to get a key code, as the writeup on it from the web spoke very highly of it (wonder how much he or she got paid ). Got 2 disc 32BIT & 64 Bit. Tried them both on a fresh install & a repair, all to no avail. The list of what I did is too long over the last 36 hours to mention. I've been performing "CPR" since the beginning of XP, and I still got a lot to learn. So here is my problem... MS error code 8024402F when trying to get the MS updates. I just hate to have to pay to fix it when I know there is a free solution out there somewhere, so help me out. Thankyou

Update:Installed ie 11, which required SP1 which is installed tried ISP's DNS the ran updates, still got the problem.

#2 UD: MS "Fixit" 5 th one I've tried, & showed fixed, did reboot----tried up dates, same error. Turned off .net 3.5.1 reboot, ran up dates (15th time +) still got error. Do have 4 drivers out of date, which should make a different ?????
    Last edited by S t r e t c H; 2014-11-18 at 15:13. Reason: Problem solved
    The tasks ahead of us, is never so great, as the power behind us.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    StretcH,

MS error code 8024402F when trying to get the MS updates.
    Support for MS Update issues is free.

Zig

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How about a link for that, "I've tried their fix it, Q & A, forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S t r e t c H View Post
    ...MS error code 8024402F when trying to get the MS updates...
    See M$ page Windows Update error 80244016, 8024402f, or c80003fa.

If your Internet connection is using your ISP's DNS servers they might not be working correctly. Try using M$ DNS servers,
    Primary: 4.2.2.2
    Secondary: 4.2.2.3

Go to Control Panel/Network and Sharing Centre/Change adapter settings, right-click on the adapter your connection is using and click "Properties". In the "...Network Connection Properties" dialog click "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then click "Properties". In the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties" dialog click on the "Use following DNS server settings" option to select it then enter the M$ server address as above.

This screenshot might help:
    DNS_servers.jpg
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Going back to the original post, the name of the post is Windows 7 Ultimate IOS. Are you trying to refresh a Windows 7 Ultimate installation with Windows 7 Home Premium Update? I don't think you can do that.

When you tried to install Windows 7 Home Premium, did you wipe out your previous Windows installation? If you still have iyour previous Windows installation, what is it? Windows XP, Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, or Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

If you do a complete installation, including reformatting your hard drive, you shouldn't have to deal with stuff like old DNS servers.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Didn't work

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows was in it, did a W$ Ultimate upgrade 64bit tried every suggestion and what I new being self taught since the inception of W XP . Last year I went up against M$ 4-3 days, re this error,and all they did 4 me was give me ISO W H Premium.Did a fresh install from scratch, the 1st 140 updates went well, reboot got 40 more updates, and the same error code as now was there. To this day I figured M$ did it. Tracked it down to .Net Framework. Did a restore back before the 40 updates. It worked fine, then shut off updates. No more. I have 4 browsers, different accounts for each one. Developed my own P/W system 2nd 2 none in my books. Nothing important goes on my pc, if it does, blow it away. Find my stick, back in business. I found out the net framework 4+ is for W 8. and is for developers, 3.5.1 is good enough.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    While I don't know what else you have on your computer, it's possible your AV or some other program is blocking/conflicting.

A clean boot will isolate all but your AV program for which you would have to disable. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I have up to .NET Framework 4.5.2 on my Win 7 x 64 HP but not sure how I got the latest 4.5.2.

When you have problems with those updates you can download and leave running the .NET Framework Repair Tool while you try the updates again.

Edit - To upgrade from XP to Win 7 you need to do a clean install, but if you still have your Win 7 Ultimate disks and product key, you can upgrade from HP to Ultimate using Windows.

Right click on Computer or My Computer - select Properties then click on Get more features with a new edition of Win 7 which gives you the option to upgrade with an existing product key.

Ultimate down to HP seems to be quite a drop down.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-11-16 at 13:52.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I took a family member pc from xp to windows 7, no problem, once I followed the instructions. Tried another one, and ran out a key, and jellybean didn't work. So I went to what was available upgrade to get a key. Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade, read the reviews, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=20 it's suppose to be the best of the windows family. My other pc runs w home premium, keeping my fingers crossed, it's over 5 years old. Net frame work 4 & above from what I have researched is for W 8, I have 4.5, and gave up on updates, & if I have a problem I just do R & R. Thanks for the info.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It's just that from the thread title etc. I understood that someone at MS had persuaded you to purchase HP to resolve a problem you had with Ultimate.

Unless you get a product key for more than one install, then the key will only work for one machine as it registers that computer's motherboard.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    From Overview of the .NET Framework:

"The .NET Framework is a technology that supports building and running the next generation of applications and XML Web services. The .NET Framework is designed to fulfill the following objectives:

•To provide a consistent object-oriented programming environment whether object code is stored and executed locally, executed locally but Internet-distributed, or executed remotely.
    •To provide a code-execution environment that minimizes software deployment and versioning conflicts.
    •To provide a code-execution environment that promotes safe execution of code, including code created by an unknown or semi-trusted third party.
    •To provide a code-execution environment that eliminates the performance problems of scripted or interpreted environments.
    •To make the developer experience consistent across widely varying types of applications, such as Windows-based applications and Web-based applications.
    •To build all communication on industry standards to ensure that code based on the .NET Framework can integrate with any other code."

A .NET release is not specific to a Windows version but a specific .NET release is supplied with a Windows release so you don't have to install it. Whether or not you need a specific .NET release is solely dependent on you having a program installed which requires it.

Joe

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

RolandJS (2014-11-17),S t r e t c H (2014-11-17)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My problem solved on error code 8024402F.Machines don't don't make mistakes so we can't blame it.We could blame the operator of the machine for part of the problem. The blame in my case from the very begin points to the internet provider. I have always used a wireless stick, if it's not set right, it doesn't matter what you do, until it is change, the error code will keep coming back. My provider in their infinite wisdom had installed in their set up wizard, to save me $'s "NO" to allow "Wan", changed it to "Yes". Hope this is helpful.
    " The difficult we do at once the impossible takes a little longer".
    Thanks to all your efforts and remarks.
    Last edited by S t r e t c H; 2014-11-17 at 08:11. Reason: For got to Thank you