New Lounger
    Thanks

All Office 365 (2013) applications get invalid address messages and won't start.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit did an update this past week and now all of my Office 365 (2013) applications will not start. I get a message box with file path (C:\PF\Microsoft Office15\root\office15\MS*.EXE) "Attempt to access invalid address". I have searched the internet with no help there. I have uninstalled and re-installed the whole office product with no help there. I have cleaned the registry both before and after doing the previous steps with no help there. I have used the Microsoft Office Repair steps with no help there. I have backed out some of the Windows updates from this week but stopped short of all of them because it just didn't seem to work. Is anyone else having this problem? I have other computers (similar configurations) that are not experiencing this problem. A 2015 Bitdefender quick scan found no malware on this machine. I don't know what to do next.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried a system restore back to when things worked?

Do you have EMET installed? Is it the current Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 5.1 version?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi JoeP517, and thank you. Based upon your questions the resolution was right at hand. My system restore was rather old so that was not an option. I then checked my EMET version and it was rather old also. I downloaded EMET 5.1 and installed it requesting all new settings to be put in place. After the install, I tested all Office applications and they worked fine. Thank you again. I believe the bottom line of this lesson is to check updates for critical Microsoft applications that are not covered by their normal UPDATE process.

Greg

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you have EMET installed, EMET 5.1 is required after the November Microsoft updates.

Joe