New Lounger
    Thanks

I want new tabs to show again the last tabs closed

Hi again all,

Reinstalling Windows 7 ultimate continues, but two new problems have occurred (I will post the other in what I hope is the correct section later) and I need your help - Please?

This one might be simple, but for some reason I cannot think of it at all - When I used to click on a new tab in IE11, it used to have the last visited pages on it. this was occasionally useful when I clicked on the wrong tab and closed the wrong one. For some reason it is not doing that anymore, does anyone know how I can re-enable it please?

Thanks very much for any help!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T.K View Post
    ...When I used to click on a new tab in IE11, it used to have the last visited pages on it. this was occasionally useful when I clicked on the wrong tab and closed the wrong one...
    See How to use the New Tab page in Internet Explorer 9

Works pretty much the same in IE11.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Coochin For This Useful Post:

T.K (2014-11-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    ... and to switch the New Tab page on, use Internet Options (via IE settings cog or Control Panel), General, Tabs, When a new tab is opened, open: The new tab page.

Bruce

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceR For This Useful Post:

RolandJS (2014-11-17),T.K (2014-11-17)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Ahh...Thank you both so much!

For anyone looking up this answer in the future - In IE 11, go to Tools>Internet Options>General, and click on the small "Tabs" button.

Change the option "When a new tab is opened" to "Go to new tabs page".

And that should do it! Now when I open a new tab, it showed frequently-visited page(s), so I clicked on "Hide Pages" and now there is just the "Reopen closed tabs" option at the bottom of the page and it's associated arrow at the side to select just a particular page you have recently closed.

Interestingly, it seems last Tuesday's MS patches seems to have somehow corrected the other problem I was having - MMC kept saying it could not open, with no real indication of why it could not open, not even an error code. So having got two problems sorted, I AM a happy bunny" again, thanks again to the both of you for the help.