Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Home & Business 2013 and BlackBerry Manager 7

I have a friend having a problem syncing Outlook 2013 on his new Windows 8.1 PC with his Blackberry - specifically the calendar, but at this point nothing will sync. When running BBM, at the point to configure the sync with Outlook BBM will not see the default Outlook profile and will suggest that the user create one. This is incorrect, the Outllook profile does exist.

I believe I have narrowed the problem to an incompatibility with the "Click to Run" versions of Office and BBM (or any type of Sync tool) - the CTR version runs in a virtual sandbox and is not accessible to the BBM. I was previously able to resolve the issue with Office 2010 by logging into office.com and downloading the "MSI" or "Installer" version of Office 2010, which syncs exactly as expected. I am unable to find any such "MSI" or "Installer" version of Office 2013, and did find a reference in a MS forum to there being no such version for Office 2013.

So, the question(s): Is there a way to sync BBM with Outlook 2013 CTR? Or is there an "Installer" version? Or is there another solution entirely? Please no suggestions about changing phones or email clients - this user had enough of a shock moving to Window 8.1 - Keeping his Outlook and his BB is necessary to his Sanity.

Thanks in advance.

JohnBrown
    Halifax, NS

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Google Search found several offers for Outlook 2013 downloads, some as little as $69USD.
    https://www.google.com/search?site=&....0.Ek7nNANOZLE

And Yes, many third-party programs that sync with Windows and/or Office do rely upon programs being installed on the HDD and in the default locations. I think we'll see more of the same issues with Office 365.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-11-17 at 19:55.

Lounger
    Thanks
    All of the downloads I have found available are the "CTR" version. I think I specifically need the "Installer" version. Or a way around the CTR "Sandbox". This is not an "enterprise" situation, the email account is only a "POP" account from a local ISP, so there is no Exchange (hosted or otherwise) involved.