5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Touch Office for iPad/Android but not Windows?

TOP STORY

Touch Office for iPad/Android — but not Windows?

By Woody Leonhard

Microsoft's recent improvements to Office for iPad and iPhone, plus the launch of a beta Office on Android, has many Windows wonks wondering, "What the … happened to us?"

A touch version of Office is scheduled for release around the time when we'll see a production Windows 10, but recent events strongly suggest that Microsoft no longer considers Windows the "first" platform.

The full text of this column is posted at windowssecrets.com/top-story/touch-office-for-ipadandroid-but-not-windows (paid content, opens in a new window/tab).

Columnists typically cannot reply to comments here, but do incorporate the best tips into future columns.
    Last edited by Kathleen Atkins; 2014-11-19 at 18:57.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Woody or Kathleen,

I just read your article on Touch Office. It had many, many paragraphs on the iPad verson and only a brief mention of 3 sentences about the Android version, which basically said nothing. Woody, it's great that you love your iPad, but that is far from a universal product. I had previously thought that this was a "windows" blog, but recently I've begun to wonder if this is an Apple blog. If you talk about Apple products, is it possible to balance that with content from non-Apple fans, and include not only Android but also Blackberry? I've been a member/reader since the mid-1990s (in different iterations), but WindowsSecrets recently seems to be getting less and less relevant to me.

JerryCi