New Lounger
    Thanks

Huge quantity of hidden internet temporary files undeleted

Hi all,
    I recently had some place problems on my laptop's hard-drive. I cleaned-up all I could but still it was not enough.
    I noticed that my temp internet files folder was huge, even though I had deleted them through the browser.
    I browsed the internet to find a solution an I found ccleaner https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER which cleaned-up over 50GB of temporary files on my hard drive!! It really helped me. Now I don't need to add any complementary drive.
    Hope it'll help you too!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    That small program surfaces here frequently, probably on a daily basis. Only caveat? Be extremely careful in the Registry part of the program, will be quite easy to kill Windows if doing the wrong thing, helps to know a bit about what is seen in the window/list.

Also keep in mind that Control Panel, Internet Options has a place on the first tab for deleting the files.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-11-20 at 10:36.

Thanks
    I've also made shortcuts to various temp folders - and manually deleted temp files. Wise Disk Cleaner also does a nice safe job. Again, take care with settings within such programs, as the previous poster wisely pointed out - one can cause Windows some problems.
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2014-11-20 at 11:14.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hey Y'all,

Disclaimer: This is MY experience w/CCLeaner YMMV!

Despite frequent warnings here on the Registry Cleaner portion of CCLeaner I've never had a problem with it causing any problems.

Disclaimer #2: I've always have Full Drive Images just in case!

HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredGeek For This Useful Post:

MiB (2014-11-21)

Thanks
    RetiredGeek, if one merely clicks everything within ccleaner, one just might miss some configurations, histories, passwords, etc. Inconveniences if unintentional
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiB View Post
    Hi all,
    I recently had some place problems on my laptop's hard-drive. I cleaned-up all I could but still it was not enough.
    I noticed that my temp internet files folder was huge, even though I had deleted them through the browser.
    I browsed the internet to find a solution an I found ccleaner https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER which cleaned-up over 50GB of temporary files on my hard drive!! It really helped me. Now I don't need to add any complementary drive.
    Hope it'll help you too!
    As an added measure, go Start - type %temp% then press enter - you may also find quite a build up in there which CCleaner doesn't touch.

Use Organize - Select all - Organize - Delete - confirm then check the box for the (usually) remaining Debug file, click on Skip then empty the Recycle Bin and having cleaned out as much as you have - don't forget to Defrag if applicable.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    quite a build up in there which CCleaner doesn't touch.
    CCleaner has Options to include and exclude any # of files and/or folders. The option is located at;
    Options>>Include.
    I add 3 folders that I want deleted every time I use CCleaner.
    Michael

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael37713 For This Useful Post:

RolandJS (2014-11-20)