New Lounger
    Thanks

Max paging file for Windows 2008 and 2012

For a series of reasons I need to maximize the virtual memory.

I set up a raid0 in windows 2008 r2 and windows 2012 datacenter, for a total of around 4tb, and then tried to move the page file to that volume.

In the first case the max space available as seen in the virtual memory window was 2092826mb, in the second case (to my surprise) it was even smaller 1042466mb. I tried to use both mbr and gpt.

Can anyone suggest a way to use more paging? or is this an unsurmuntable limit in windows?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Is your RAID0 using 2 2TB HDDs or are they larger? Your first figure of 2092826MB equates to about 2TB and the second figure of 1042466MB equates to about 1TB, could be the second doesn't have sufficient space to do larger.
    B = Byte b = bit 8 bits = 1 Byte
    The Help on Win7 recommends 1.5 times the physical RAM for Virtual Memory/paging file and more if programs need it, don't know about the Server version. I set mine at that size for both Max and Min, don't have messages about problems with it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The raid was set with 5 disk of 1gb each, to there was plenty of space. In Explorer the volume is correctly seen with its size.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Servers should always have as much RAM as you need, trying to use swap space will just clog up the disk channel and annoy your users as the system slows.
    Requiring a 1TB swap file seems to indicate you really need another server.

cheers, Paul