New Lounger
    Thanks

help me out: HP 550 Laptop - no display

I have a HP 550 Laptop, when I turn it on, the screen is black/dark. I can hear the hard drive DVD #Rom, a I can also see the lights are on, but nothing comes on the screen I cannot even see the bios, i have removed the memory, and battery and pressed the power button between 30second to 1 mintute and then plugged in the power but still the same problems appears, I have also removed the keyboard and made sure that the screen connector is properly inserted but still the same thing, I have run out of ideas and dont know what to try next, I did search google and tried everything that I could found about this problem. Is it possible that the motherboard is gone?
    Many thanks for all your help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It does seem that you have a hardware problem, which will likely mean the motherboard or the graphics cards (or the graphics card integrated in the motherboard). It seems to me you need to take it to some place where the hardware can be checked.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    If you have a monitor available, plug it into the external monitor connector. Perhaps you will get video that way.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I assume you would have mentioned if you were getting any Beep error codes but do you get any LED blinks ?

This HP article lists those as well as other steps http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c01732674

Thanks
    ...I guess there is nothing in the USB ports, like a nonBoot memory stick...
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/