Thread: Search

Thanks

Search

I've been trying to figure out a way to effectively use the search charm, and I'm lost. When I do a search, the search brings up several pages that might have an answer for me. I then choose one that looks promising, if that one doesn't have an answer that satisfies my curiosity, I find that there appears no way to go back to the original pages so that I can look at a different page.
    Is there something I am missing or not doing correctly? I have pressed the "dots" but all that does not take me back, and the back arrow is grayed out.

Windows 8.1 RT
    Internet Explorer 11 "Start Menu"
    Touch

Thanks
    John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Well I'll be D@#$%R. Never thought about sliding from the left........Sheesh I feel like a dunce ! Any other ways I would still be interested.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    I've been trying to figure out a way to effectively use the search charm, and I'm lost. When I do a search, the search brings up several pages that might have an answer for me. I then choose one that looks promising, if that one doesn't have an answer that satisfies my curiosity, I find that there appears no way to go back to the original pages so that I can look at a different page.
    Is there something I am missing or not doing correctly? I have pressed the "dots" but all that does not take me back, and the back arrow is grayed out.

Windows 8.1 RT
    Internet Explorer 11 "Start Menu"
    Touch

Thanks
    John
    Is what helped me a lot. I downloaded Classic its like windows 7, it,s great it,s FREE EDITION
    It,s just easier for me to get around on my computer, also after downloading you can right click on start button. Click settings then when window pops up click, Windows 8.1 settings tab. Then click all in disable active corners. To get to apps just click windows key + C to get to desktop just click windows key. Thank,s Chuck

Thanks
    I've not got a touch screen and in doing some investigation for searching I found out something new (well to me anyway). Searching for me is simple, just hit the windows key and start typing what I'm looking for. As I type it gives a list. Clicking n one of the results brings that up. However, I never knew how to go back to that search as
    t8ntlikly asked for. But all you do is to click on the magnifying glass at the end of the search box and it produces a page of results; all you need to do to go back to it is to click on the search button on the taskbar. So simple! Now all tell me you already knew this

Chuck, you can do all that with 8.1 without Classic, apart from having the start menu (which I hate anyway). At least 10 gives us a choice of menu or screen for the start.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by access-mdb View Post
    I've not got a touch screen and in doing some investigation for searching I found out something new (well to me anyway). Searching for me is simple, just hit the windows key and start typing what I'm looking for. As I type it gives a list. Clicking n one of the results brings that up. However, I never knew how to go back to that search as
    t8ntlikly asked for. But all you do is to click on the magnifying glass at the end of the search box and it produces a page of results; all you need to do to go back to it is to click on the search button on the taskbar. So simple! Now all tell me you already knew this

Chuck, you can do all that with 8.1 without Classic, apart from having the start menu (which I hate anyway). At least 10 gives us a choice of menu or screen for the start.
    Thanks for the info on 8.1 I didn't know this. My computer skills are average at best. I have got a lot of good info from this place. Thanks, Chuck