2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Get "Error performing inpage operation" error when trying to install software from CD

My W7 Pro decided to go totally senile on me and had to be reinstalled, as did all of the software, for reasons too long to relate. When attempting to reload one particular program from its installation CD, I clicked on Install.exe, saw a millisecond-long flash of color (presumably from the start of the installation process), then waited for a long time until I finally got an error message which said, "Error performing inpage operation." There was also a Setup.exe file, so I tried clicking that, but again, after endlessly chewing on it, my new W7 installation stubbornly spat out the same message, as shown below:

In-Page Error reading DVD drive.png

I tried using a backup copy of the installation disk, but with the same result. I then found an .ISO file I'd made of the installation disk and burned it to a brand new CD, but again, no luck. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get my newly-installed W7 Pro to let me install this software - which installed flawlessly in my previous W7 Pro machine, as well as in my old XP machine before that - I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance for any and all help.

Cheers,
    Al
    Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit, SP1 on desktop
    Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit, SP1 on HP ProBook
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit, SP1 on HP Mini 5103
    Windows XP/Media Edition, SP3 on OLD Dell laptop
    Samsung Galaxy S5 running Lollipop 5.0

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you executing setup.exe with "run as administrator"?

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

HealingHands33 (2014-11-22)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HealingHands33 View Post
    ..."Error performing inpage operation."...
    Memory-related error. Could be caused by RAM errors. Try cleaning the contacts on your RAM chip(s) (carefully rub the gold-plated contacts with a white pencil rubber, then brush off any particles using a clean dry brush).

Otherwise the CD/DVD drive might have a fault. You could try using another computer to copy the files from the CD to a USB drive then run the setup from there. If you get the same error on the other computer then there must be a fault with the CD's contents.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP517 View Post
    Have you executing setup.exe with "run as administrator"?

Joe
    Hi, Joe,

I thought I'd tried that, but when I did it again, the CD drive seemed to grind and think for a long time, then finally got me to the screen I needed. Maybe I only thought I'd tried it and didn't, or else perhaps I really did try it, but got impatient and aborted the process because it was taking too long. Either way, it's all sorted now.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Al
    Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit, SP1 on desktop
    Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit, SP1 on HP ProBook
    Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit, SP1 on HP Mini 5103
    Windows XP/Media Edition, SP3 on OLD Dell laptop
    Samsung Galaxy S5 running Lollipop 5.0

Thanks
    I have found out that amongst the several internal and external cd/dvd readers/writers I have, one or two will have much trouble with A CD or B DVD. The others - no problem. Then, with Y CD or Z DVD, the players/writers reverse. Track placement? Read/Write heads alignment? I am not sure why.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/