New Lounger
    Thanks

How to watch HDCP HDMI TV signal on computer?

With computer monitors getting so large, good & inexpensive I have upgraded to dual 24" monitors.
    Now to clear some desk space I'd like to ditch the HDTV driven by a DirecTV unit and put in on the computer monitors in a window. I don't want or need to record the signal on the computer as the DirecTV system is handling the recording & playback. I just want to put the TV in a resizeable window that I can move around on the computer monitors. The signal is controlled by the DirecTV system and it's remote control.

The only way I have found that comes close is to utilize a video capture card that accepts the HDMI signal but there are limitations everywhere I turn. As their real design is to record the signal, they have problems with the HDCP coded signal. Some of the software apps included will give me a preview window to watch the live signal, but again there are several limitations like fixed window locations, too much extra space used by controls, tabs and buttons. Some only preview the video but can't supply the audio until playback if I recorded the signal, which I can't due to the HDCP.

This should be easy and I think there are a lot of folks who would do the same. I just want the equivalent of what most TVs can do, a PIP (Picture in picture) window to watch & listen to the HDMI TV signal without downgrading it to less than HDMI.

Any recommendations anyone?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If your PC or laptop and TV are relatively recent, making an HDMI connection is a simple. After making the connection, you may have to adjust the resolution settings to ensure the PCs output on the TV is making the best use of the available space. In Windows 7, simply right-click on the desktop and select Screen Resolution. Brighton Computer Repair
    Last edited by c_netinc; 2014-12-18 at 09:57.