Thanks

Office 365 Pro Plus (school) free version stopped working

I signed up to office 365 pro plus with the qualifying school email address, downloaded and installed office 365 pro plus, then did the same for 3 other PC's. All was good until 11/22/2014. On that day I got up at 5:30 am and was able to use office, mainly outlook for my emails, then went off to work. When I got home (6 hours later) I found that my outlook is telling me that I need to reactivate with a red bar running across the top.

When trying to login to the office 365 portal, it's says that the email address used to originally sign up with does not exist. So what the heck is going on?

I tried the quick repair and that didn't work. So I tried the online repair and that just seemed to reinstall the office suite. Which now tells me I need to activate Office and not re-activate and I only have 7 days left to do so.

I tried running the cmd and checking the license and that tells me that my office license is in grace period state and I need to activate it....so what the heck is going on?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    You need to contact the Office365 support, maybe even the activation line. There is obviously some issue with that email address or something wrong with the activation servers.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Was your email address a yahoo one perchance. Yahoo mail has been pretty poor over the last few days because of a damaged cable. They were due to have a boat at the break this weekend to fix it. Basically, logging into Yahoo via Tbird would just time out; even the lounge told me once there was a problem. Perhaps Office was having a similar problem.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11...ll_struggling/ has some detail

I realise now that it couldn't have been a Yahoo address - if it had to be an educational one.
    Write out 100 times
    I must read posts fully before putting finger to keyboard.
    Last edited by access-mdb; 2014-11-23 at 13:31.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have installed such educational programs where a .edu E-Mail address was required and/or ID from the school, same for making online purchases of that type offering. That's for the US, other countries may do it differently.

Thanks
    What I had to end up doing, per MS, was to completely un-install my educational copy of Office 365, re-sign up with same user ID, use a new password, re-install office 365 subcription (free educational one), re setup everything. Now it's working as it was before. MS couldn't tell me what caused this but it's a known issue.

Also as a side note: After all this, I did notice that after signing into the portal page and having access to the online aspect of office, that the black header border has now change to the new blue one. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it....but some coincidence.