Thread: Keyboard hangs

New Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboard hangs

Microsoft Digital Media KB 3000 hangs after non-use for 10-15 mins. Although Win 7 does not go into SLEEP mode my KB does and won't wake up. Mouse works fine and computer is wide-awake and functioning but KB is completely dark (no lights) and only way to get KB to revive is crashing computer and re-starting computer. This is a relatively new problem (6 months) and I don't recall if I installed any new software when this began happening. As long as I'm using the KB there is no problem, but if I don't touch the KB for 10-15 mins that is when the KB goes to sleep even though the computer did not. No keys will work. No lights are on. This is not a wireless KB. I have unplugged the KB and replugged to see if that would reactivate the KB, but no success. Computer is about 4+ years old and ridden hard. Ran malware and virus programs - all is clean.

Any help?

Jace

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Jace,

Welcome to the Lounge as a New Poster!

Have you tried loading the latest version of the driver? You can get it here. HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Jace,

Welcome to the Lounge as a New Poster!

Have you tried loading the latest version of the driver? You can get it here. HTH
    Yes, I should have mentioned that in my original post. I have checked the driver version dozens of times; each time hoping that was the fix. Who said the famous line, true stupidity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result even 1 time? That was me, I updated the driver dozens of times - but hey, why not once more?

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jace

Thanks
    You shouldn't need a driver for a simple keyboard, these things are largely plug and play.
    That is, unless you've got one of those complicated programable jobs with all the bells and whistles.

Try uninstalling it in device manager, boot the computer, then let it reinstall it's generic MS driver.
    You should also test it on another machine to ensure that it's not the actual keyboard itself.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2014-11-24 at 07:58.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Another thing to check for is in power management of the device to make sure it's not set to sleep.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10418...om-sleep-mode/