Lounger
    Thanks

Macros disable message, but only for one document [Word 2010]

Hey folks,

One of our clients has a template with a bunch of styles and macros to make formatting their documents easier. One of our writers is working on several of their documents right now, all of which have that template attached.

When she tries to run the macros in one of the documents she gets the "Macros are disabled" error message (see attached). I've already checked and the Trust Center settings are correct--I even set it to enable all macros and I've trusted the location of the template--but it's still not working. Any ideas where else I can check or what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Beej
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a question, did she create the document or did it come from someone else who had created it? I see that type message sometimes when opening a Word document that has been sent to me or I have downloaded from the Internet.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Good question. This was created by another user; however, it's kept on our share and wasn't sent via email.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is that document in the same folder as the others that don't show the message? Does there happen to be a copy of the template in the folder too?

If there are two copies of the template and one is in the same folder as the document then that version of the template will be the active one when you open the document. If that folder is not 'trusted' then you would see the macro message.

Alternatively, is the problem document saved in docm or doc format (and hence may contain a macro of its own).
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia