Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bios tool

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bios tool

Anybody know of a tool to PRINT out all of the bios settings, when you need to change the motherboard battery..??
    Thanxx in advance
    Peter

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well, "back in the day" using a Parallel Port printer one could simply press the PrtScrn key but with USB printers that won't work. Problem is the Operating System doesn't load until after closing the BIOS Setup. You could get by using a digital camera and take a picture of each screen, there will be a few to several.

Thanks
    I've done the Digital camera thing that Berton refers to and there will be a LOT of pictures to get all the settings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Back in the day I'd written a C program that would print out all of the settings (of course there weren't as many then) but for the life of me I can't find the code any longer, but it is possible! HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    It's not just the BIOS for which a list of settings would be useful!

I have wanted router settings by screen, and Outlook settings by screen and tab, and have had to resort to constructing pages of one-line settings for myself.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Batcher, router settings I've done before. Using FF? Whatever, all you can do within the router pages and the Outlook pages is to save complete HTML of each router html-page you want to save, there are no shortcuts that I know of. Although I have been googling since I've seen this thread Years ago, I used to hear of those SaveAllWebsitePages programs -- haven't tried one lately, don't know exactly what such would save...html-only or complete-html. On router pages, I rcommend saving complete HTML for each page, 'cause when I tried html-only, the results looked like scrambled fighters jets had plunged into the ocean...
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2014-11-26 at 10:26.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    When logged into the Router one will be in Windows and can use PrtScrn to capture then Paste into Paint and Save. But you do have to Save each screen before moving to the next as the Windows Clipboard can hold only one item, next press of the PrtScrn or Copy replaces what was there.

Thanks
    Berton, I also use PrintScreen, a separate program, which does exactly as you have posted -- so Batcher can use whichever appears best, adjust to what turns out to be what he wants.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    When logged into the Router one will be in Windows and can use PrtScrn to capture then Paste into Paint and Save. But you do have to Save each screen before moving to the next as the Windows Clipboard can hold only one item, next press of the PrtScrn or Copy replaces what was there.
    Actually the router screens are pretty easy since you are in windows ( at least in win 7 ). I just use the snipping tool to take screenshots. It works very well.

Thanks
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245567 -- found this, although in my System Information, there is no Windows Report Tool. Searching SysInternals next...

Thanks
    Unless you are into serious tweaking, is it actually necessary to copy the bios settings in a modern bios as most are set automatically? About all you need to set are date, time, boot order, password if required and occasionally you may want to turn off on board graphics if a graphics card has been fitted and isn't properly detected. EUFI is even easier as you can set it via the Desktop, paying attention to any power saving settings which may conflict with the ones in Windows Control Panel Power settings ( I have noticed that changing the latter just resets to the EUFI settings if you don't change the former. )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lumpy95 View Post
    Actually the router screens are pretty easy since you are in windows ( at least in win 7 ). I just use the snipping tool to take screenshots. It works very well.
    I found that useful but what I use now is the Windows Key+print screen. The screen dump is stored in a screenshots folder in your pictures folder with an incremental number eg screenshot(1), screenshot(2) etc

I think that was an addition to Windows 8.

Thanks
    Calimanco, I suspect Batcher is simply wanting to be in the know -- as to what normal BIOS settings should be.
    Perhaps if some visiting geek alters something, Batcher can compare original with the change, and either leave it be, or, simply default to factory specs. In the olde IDE harddrive days, it was a great idea to let Norton Utilities snapshot [make working copies] of the boot sector/track for sure, I think some geeks even took a Texas look at the FAT tables & Directory structure - just to see what can be seen. I know I sure did back then!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the past, when I was tweaking a BIOS for overclocking, I have gone through the BIOS screen by screen and copied the settings down by hand on a note pad, and then restarted the OS and put the settings into a spread sheet, and then printed that out.

So the answer to your question would be, no, I never found a way to access it and print it from the operating System.

Just now, I have been doing an internet search - again - and I still can't find anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Peter & All

You may find this article interesting I know I did.
    HTH
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast