Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GodMode

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

GodMode

I have tried this many times and still the folder will be empty.
    I right click on desktop
    ( to make new folder and rename it )
    ( right click, copy code )
    ( go to new folder I made, I right click to paste code, theres no option at all that says ( paste )
    I have used copy and paste many times on this computer with 0 problems.
    I got Windows 8.1 64 bit
    Thanks, Chuck Average computer skills, at best. ( any ideas ) ?

Thanks
    Create a new folder. Name it:-

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Click anywhere on the Desktop. The icon will change. Job done.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Do the copy any time before the rename; then you can paste to overwrite New Folder.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Wont work I tried several times. Theres the copy option, but no paste option at all. I have did the copy and paste many time before. Never was a problem. This is first time. Thanks, Chuck

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceR View Post
    Do the copy any time before the rename; then you can paste to overwrite New Folder.
    Wont work I tried several times. Theres the copy option, but no paste option at all. I have did the copy and paste many time before. Never was a problem. This is first time. Thanks, Chuck

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried CTRL+V? Otherwise, just type the name.

Joe

Thanks
    There seems to be a problem copying directly from the post. Try this. Copy the string from the post. Paste it into Notepad. Copy it again from Notepad. Create the new folder. The name "New folder" is highlighted. Right click on the name and click on paste.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    There seems to be a problem copying directly from the post.
    I copied it from your post and it pasted fine after right-click on the highlighted "New Folder" name.

God (mode) works (in mysterious ways).

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
    Wont work I tried several times. Theres the copy option, but no paste option at all. I have did the copy and paste many time before. Never was a problem. This is first time.
    You're trying to paste into the wrong place. You paste into the name of the new folder, not into the folder itself.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There seems to be a problem copying directly from the post. Try this. Copy the string from the post. Paste it into Notepad. Copy it again from Notepad. Create the new folder. The name "New folder" is highlighted. Right click on the name and click on paste.
    I tried to copy and paste this from, Google Search, You Tube and here, it don't work at all. Have copy option but no paste option at all. This is first time I ever seen this. I just don't know. Thanks, Chuck

Thanks
    Chuckracer, are you indicating your copy and paste in general is problematic? If so, there is a looming problem developing within Windows Explorer. I sure hope you have a recent explore-working-great image of your Windows. You just might be heading for that reImage or a total reinstall. I sure hope something like Windows Repair (All in One) works for you. If not, prepare for a rollback.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    At least I solved this one. In case anyone else has the problem, it was caused by Bitdefender. If its on, copy and paste is corrupted. Turn it off and it works fine.

As for the copy and paste problem - two suggestions:-

Method 1:

This issue may occur if the System files are corrupted so I suggest that you run the System File Checker.

a. Press the ‘Windows + X’ key on the keyboard.
    Select Command Prompt (Admin)

b. In the Command prompt window, type sfc /scannow

Method 2:

Refresh Windows 8 and check. Follow the steps.

a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

b. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

c. Under PC settings, tap or click General.

d. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

e. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note:

The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. You'll find a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    Chuckracer, are you indicating your copy and paste in general is problematic? If so, there is a looming problem developing within Windows Explorer. I sure hope you have a recent explore-working-great image of your Windows. You just might be heading for that reImage or a total reinstall. I sure hope something like Windows Repair (All in One) works for you. If not, prepare for a rollback.
    My copy and paste has allways been fine. I use it a lot with no problems at all, just this one time I have copy option, but when I go to paste, the option isn't there at all. I did the Windows Repair, it said no problems. My computer skills are average at best. I can do screen shots no problem, I do them a lot. But to send screen shots, I don't know how at all. Thanks, Chuck

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
    ... just this one time I have copy option, but when I go to paste, the option isn't there at all. ...
    Could you describe in detail where you try to paste to in this instance?

Bruce

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    At least I solved this one. In case anyone else has the problem, it was caused by Bitdefender. If its on, copy and paste is corrupted. Turn it off and it works fine.

As for the copy and paste problem - two suggestions:-

Method 1:

This issue may occur if the System files are corrupted so I suggest that you run the System File Checker.

a. Press the ‘Windows + X’ key on the keyboard.
    Select Command Prompt (Admin)

b. In the Command prompt window, type sfc /scannow

Method 2:

Refresh Windows 8 and check. Follow the steps.

a. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

b. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

c. Under PC settings, tap or click General.

d. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

e. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note:

The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. You'll find a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.
    Heres all the computer info. If more is needed, let me know. My computer skills are average at best.
    I got this laptop about 7 or 8 months ago. It had Windows 8. I did the free upgrade and update to Windows 8.1, no problems at all. This is 64 bit.
    My antivirus is Windows Defender and antimalware is Malwarebytes. Malware free computer.
    I run system file checker ( sfc/scannow ) run all 100%. After it was done it said there was some corrupt files ( Windows fixed them ok ) ( 1st method ) The (2nd method ) I wont even consider. Several months ago I did ( refresh ) big mistake. Files no problem, there saved on a flash drive. I do know everything else is changed. I got McAffee and all Mcaffee junk I had on this computer when I got it. This is only my opinion, but anything McAffee is terrible.
    The Windows Store apps, I don't mess with. I have no CD drive at all.
    Really I thought sfc/scannow might take care of this. I again tried God Mode ( code ) from Google Search, You Tube, Here, all the codes are exactly alike I made new folder, copied code went to paste, no option at all for paste. I tried this several ways. It wont work. Thanks Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast