Star Lounger
    Thanks

Embed Fonts (97SR2, 2000)

I have embedded fonts (not characters) in a Word 2000 document (Windows 98). The file size increased, so I assume that the fonts are embedded. I then transferred the document to a machine running Word 97 SR2 (Windows 95) and opened it. The embedded fonts did not display or print. Any ideas? I have a situation in which specialized fonts are used and the documents are then distributed to an audience in which we can only predict to have some version of Windows and some version of Word. It's important that the fonts remain the same. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embed Fonts (97SR2, 2000)

I just checked it and had no problems. Make sure that you use TrueType fonts (with .ttf extension) and have "Embed TrueType fonts" checked on Tools | Options | Save. Try to create another test doc with different TTF font (installed on Win98 and not installed on Win95 computer). Sometimes the font file itself has problems.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Embed Fonts (97SR2, 2000)

After receiving your post, I tried again and it worked. I've also tested between some other machines, and it continues to work, so I must have done something wrong the first time.

Thanks!