New Lounger
    Thanks

Highlighted Table Lines (Word 2000)

I have been writing a document that is about 100 pages long and contains a very long table. Over the course of several weeks I have been changing the colour of various rows to indicate whether I had completed that part of the table or not. The borders have always remained black. Now I have taken all the shading out because I have finished the document. In several places there is a small amount of colour left around the borders. I can't get rid of this. I have attached a small sample so you can see. Does anyone know how to get rid of this and what caused it?

Thanks

Helen
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlighted Table Lines (Word 2000)

Hi Helen:
    It's difficult to tell just by looking at the attachment. Start by selecting the entire table. Then put Shading back in. Then back to clear. If that doesn't work, it might be highlighting. With the table selected, apply the clear highlighting.

Do you have any comments (annotations)? The yellow might be a hold over from comments not fully deleted.

Please let us know if any of these work.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Helen

You can apply shading to tables cells in more than one way. You may have applied shading to text, paragraphs or cells. I would start by resetting the contents of the table to their unblemished style definitions (assuming you have used styles). Select the table and press Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-Space. This will most likely remove the text and paragraph shading. Now choose Format > Borders and Shading and remove the shading from the Cells and apply the border you want.

If this doesn't cure the problem, you may need to post a snippet of the file for us to have a look at.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Phil and Andrew, thanks for the replies.

I have tried highlighting and unhighlighting, shading and unshading, removing the borders and adding them again. It still doesn't work. The document has contained comments at certain times but I don't think this is the cause because the problem colour isn't always yellow, sometimes it is green. I have attached a small section of the document to see if you have any more ideas.

Many Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Now I think I must be going mad!

I have just downloaded the file I attached to my last post and saved it to my PC. If I shade the table then remove the shading the problems disappears. This only happens on the file I got from this internet site. If I try to do the same to the file saved locally on my PC the problem is still there.