Banned Member
    Thanks

KB3020114 available for Windows 10

New Update KB3020114 available for Windows 10. Fixes Internet Explorer crashes
    December 3, 2014

A new security update KB3020114 is now available for Windows 10 Tech Preview running devices. The update seems to bring fix for the Internet Explorer crashes as per the details provided by Microsoft.

The update is 6.4 MB in size and you need to restart your device after applying the update.

I, also, found this, Many writings reference IE & others Explorer.

KB3020114 Update to Fix Explorer Crashes
    Last edited by Drew1903; 2014-12-03 at 09:24.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Morn' Drew.
    No automatic update for me. I had to go and search for updates to install. I found this 3020114 fine and did click on it. It is installed. ( I never had any IE crash ! ? ! ) Is not TP supposed to do this by itself ? I leave my Lenovo on Sleep and up to now, it had always done the WUs fine.
    I had sent a note to Feedback that it was fine with me to leave it on Sleep for their own uses and mentioned that if they can awaken it why not also "Sleep" it when done. It seems to do so now, did you also note this ?
    As far as doing the Missions as shown on the Insider Hub, the Add a Desktop on Task View, to me, is not any better than Snap with a few apps opened. I have added a Desktop or two but I do not see any need for this as I can do it as before by using the Alt-Tab to go from one to the other.
    Have a great day. Jean.

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Jean,

Multiple Desktops & Alt+Tab are apples & oranges. Can use Alt+Tab after MD's or in addition but, they are not the same or comparable.

Cheers,
    Drew
    Windows 10OS.jpg

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    The patch is not for IE but Explorer.exe AKA, Windows Explorer in older versions, File Explorer now. Also, it is the process that runs the desktop.

Be aware there are reports of problems with the install not working but being re-offered after you reboot.

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You might think so Drew, but to me they are all bananas. The end results to me are similar.

>>> Multiple Desktops & Alt+Tab are apples & oranges. Can use Alt+Tab after MD's or in addition but, they are not the same or comparable.<<<

Cheers,
    Jean
    Windows 10OS.jpg
    Last edited by handcuff36; 2014-12-06 at 17:53.