New Lounger
    Thanks

PC Tuneup Maestro - Possible Malware?

Hello, I've got a question about a piece of software that one of my grandkids succeeded in loading on my desktop on Thanksgiving day. The programs' name is "PC Tuneup Maestro" produced by CompuClever Systems Inc.. I want to delete it and I can't delete it (Using Windows uninstall in control panels) due to Norton 360 not allowing the "uninstall" exe file to be loaded. Norton says the exe file "au.exe" is "Not Safe".

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the program without using CompuClevers' removal tool? At this point I'm stumped and I DON'T trust CompuClever at all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcruiser View Post
    ...Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the program without using CompuClevers' removal tool? At this point I'm stumped and I DON'T trust CompuClever at all.
    Run anti-malware scans with Spybot Search and Destroy v2.4 (free version), Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free version), and ADWcleaner (free).

I haven't seen this program on any customers' computers (yet), but from what you say about Norton complaining that the program's uninstaller is "unsafe" I too wouldn't trust it an inch.

With very few exceptions these "tune-up"/"cleanup"/"fix-errors" type programs are at best fraudulent and most likely malicious.
    Last edited by Coochin; 2014-12-04 at 03:38.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    I believe Emco Move [or Delete] On Boot is still free to download and use. I've used it in the past. Just be sure to aim it at the right directories and files. added: SuperAntispyware also has a folder/file removal tool [paid version].
    Last edited by RolandJS; 2014-12-08 at 11:49.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be trying them this week.