New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem With Intel Graphics Driver in Toshiba Satellite Laptop

I'm experiencing a problem with the graphics driver from Intel on my Toshiba Satellite laptop mainly while playing slot games and games in Farmville on Facebook. The error message that appears on the screen is "Display Driver has stopped responding, has recovered". The screen stops at that time and does recover. This problem occurs a couple of times a day while playing games only, while using other programs there are no problems. I called Toshiba and their answer to the problem was that I must have "malware on my system and for a fee they'll fix it. Obviously that's not a logical solution. I have Norton 360 Internet Security on my laptop and it hasn't found any problems.

I've verified that I have the latest driver installed from Toshiba for the Intel graphics card.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop this problem from occurring?

Thanks
    problem occurs a couple of times a day while playing games only

The problem may be with the games rather than the driver. Event Viewer may give you a some information.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    This MS Fixit applies to Win 7 and Vista http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll try the event viewer this week. Too bad the microsoft fix isn't for 8.1, that is the OS I'm having problems with.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Did you update the driver from Intel or Toshiba Support and if you didn't have this problem before updating to the latest driver, then try rolling back.

As it only appears to occur in gaming download HWMonitor or the free version of Speccy (if HWMonitor doesn't run in Win 8.1) to check the temps while you're gaming.

If they are up around the 60C mark, give your laptop a blow out with a can of compressed air and SpeedFan may help.

I have that running on my Tosh Satellite and it seems to keep the max down by a couple or so degrees, although I don't game.

Click on the Auto box then Minimize and see if that improves if your temps were previously up.
    Last edited by Sudo15; 2014-12-08 at 04:56.