Thanks

Dinosaurs rule - or not

After RetiredGeek's little programming comic strip with Dinosaurs, Dilbert's latest two strips seem apposite (sorry to all XP users out there) http://www.dilbert.com/strips/

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    That doesn't make me miss Gary Larson any less either. If it were me there'd be one more panel...just the dog's feet sticking out of Dino's mouth and him thinking , "ahh, lunchtime is always so delightful!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 1,325 Posts
    Access,

The Dec 2 entry is also a GEM!
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    Dilbert rarely fails to amuse me. I sometimes wonder if Scott Adams had a secret camera where I used to work!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can tell you that my XP VM uses a heck of a lot less resources then my Win7 VM so there. lol

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, that's a better one to go with. The problem with Dino is it's a representative foil. Which means either the artist identifies with Dino and is being self-deprecating and actually doesn't care one whit if they're cool or not, OR, is projecting themselves in such a situation and how they would feel, again, not really considering the possibility that Dino doesn't give a hoot at all.

Sincerely,
    Dino

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lylejk View Post
    I can tell you that my XP VM uses a heck of a lot less resources then my Win7 VM so there. lol

Oh goodness (stronger inflective intended) yes, I'll readily admit it the day XP VM or PC install is not the single most valuable platform for about $3000 worth of loaded software. For the very first time ever, Chrome 39.0# has been a little buggy on XP, still lightyears ahead of I.E., but there's a tinge of worry there.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've been using Iron Browser in my XM VM F.U.N. downtown (it's a variant of Chromium). It has it's hickups but, overall, orders of magnitude better then IE8; it even can do HTML5. Still, I decided to go Win7 for browsing just because XPs becoming too much a liability despite being a sandbox. I'm keeping my VM available though.