3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Malwarebytes [switching from trial to free]

Uninstall of Malwarebytes expired version still leaves traces behind that will not allow free version to install without expired tag. What needs to be done to completely remove all MBAM traces so the free version can be installed?

Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is not my PC and I am doing support by phone. I found that there might be an end trial button and am waiting to see if that exists on this persons PC and will update post then.

Thanks
    Here is a link to the best methods for uninstalling Malwarebytes if you need it:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/inde...al-process-2x/

Thanks
    Also, look for Malwarebytes... in [user] appdata local and/or roaming directories; I don't remember MBAM being in ProgramData, check there also. Those directories can be deleted, double-check you're deleting the right ones
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    The uninstall of many of today's applications can no longer be completely accomplished without a separate purpose built uninstall utility. This is also true with MBAM.

If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was uninstalled without regard to the status of its Self-Protection Module, a common Windows uninstall can be quite incomplete.

If the object is to uninstall MBAM completely and permanently, then MBAM will need to be re-installed after which you will launch the GUI, left-click Settings -> Advanced settings and regardless of the apparent setting of "Enable self-protection module" check it and uncheck it and wait for the check mark to go away. Do this even if it was unchecked.

Then, download mbam-clean-2.1.1.1001.exe from http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean to an Administrator desktop. Run with Administrator rights from the desktop twice with the mandatory reboots. This will have yielded the most thorough removal of MBAM2.

Please let me know if you need further assistance here, or at the Malwarebytes MBAM sub-forum https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/forum/41-malwarebytes-anti-malware-help/.

Thank you.

1PW
    Malwarebytes volunteer forum helper
    Last edited by 1PW; 2014-12-06 at 00:22.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I use the Downgrade feature to eliminate the Trial version. Look in Programs and Features to Uninstall/Change. And I walked a lady through it over the phone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    I use the Downgrade feature to eliminate the Trial version. Look in Programs and Features to Uninstall/Change. And I walked a lady through it over the phone.
    The 14-day Trial period can be denied during the install process or, later in the 14-day Trial, MBAM2 can be downgraded to the Free version by launching the GUI, and left-clicking My Account. In the new window, left-click the Deactivate button.

Thank you.
    All viruses are malware but not all malware are viruses and if the malware doesn't self replicate it just isn't a virus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldb View Post
    Uninstall of Malwarebytes expired version still leaves traces behind that will not allow free version to install without expired tag. What needs to be done to completely remove all MBAM traces so the free version can be installed?

Thanks
    Check and remove anything in the program's root install folder. Then use a registry cleaner utility to remove the rest.
    Make certain you have an image based backup on hand as a precaution.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This worked perfectly, thanks
    Then, download mbam-clean-2.1.1.1001.exe