3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Live Mail – loss of folders.

For about ten days I was unable to access my talk talk emails using the WLM client – OK on the Web – this turned out to be due to a TalkTalk failure. Eventually I was told by TT to re-install using IMAP instead of POP3, and change various ports. I was then able to send and receive. All my folders still exist, filled with the stored emails, except Junk Mail, but when I delete emails the deleted item box remains empty, also the Junk Mail folder has disappeared – when I right click on a junk file and select to bar the sender nothing apparently happens. The following was advised in another recent WLM problem post:

"Try repairing WLM.

As I recall, go to Control Panel/Programs and Features then click on Windows Live Essentials, then click on the "Change" button immediately above the list of programs. If there is no "Change" button then click on the "Uninstall" button and you should see an option to repair any Windows Live Essentials programs you have installed."

– I tried it, Windows 7, and selecting Add/Remove (no programs and features) but WLM is not on the list of installed software. In properties there is an item “IMAP store special folders on IMAP server Sent Items, Drafts, Deleted items and Junk mail” – this is ticked by default. I tried un-ticking but it had no effect – is this the problem are the deleted items and junk now only stored on the server with IMAP – sent items are still visible on the computer?

I have attachedA SCREEN PRINT OF THE imap SETTINGS PAGE IN ACCOUNTS.
    Attached Images Attached Images