Lounger
    Thanks

Control a system modal MsgBox (2000 SR-1)

I have two timed events on the same form: one uses the form's timer event, one uses a timed loop.

One event opens a system-modal Msgbox ('Retry' or 'Cancel'). While this msgbox is active, the other timed event =may= occur before a user responds to the Msgbox.

I want the second timed event to close ('Cancel') the Msgbox, if it is open, before it proceeds.

I tried Sendkeys "{Esc}", which doesn't work (manually pressing "Esc" works, though).

Any idea how I can programatically operate the MsgBox?

Much obliged.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Control a system modal MsgBox (2000 SR-1)

Instead of using a Msgbox create a form that resembles the Msgbox and then have your timed event close the form.

hth,
    Jack

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Control a system modal MsgBox (2000 SR-1)

Jack,
    thanks for replying. Your solution was my first thought, as well. But unlike a msgbox, which would pause execution until the user responds (synchronous), the code would continue past the docmd.openform command asynchronously.

I did come up with a workaround which I won't describe here, since it is specific to my particular project. It would take too long to explain the circumstances, and the chances anyone else would benefit are slim.

Nonetheless, if there is a way to communicate with a MsgBox, I would still like to know.

Thanks again,

Klaus