2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PC Settings not opening

I click bottom right corner and open the win 8.1 charms bar and click on PC Setting nothing happens not opening to let me change settings I am the Administrator

Thanks
    Are you getting an explorer.exe not associated message? If so, I hope you have made a good-working image backup, 'cause when that happened to me, I had to haul out my earlier backup & restore. I hope for EZ solution for you
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Go to Troubleshooting in the Control Panel. Try the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PC Settings not opening

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJS View Post
    Are you getting an explorer.exe not associated message? If so, I hope you have made a good-working image backup, 'cause when that happened to me, I had to haul out my earlier backup & restore. I hope for EZ solution for you
    No I did not get any message

Thanks
    See if this works:
    From https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w8itprogeneral

If this is still an issue - or for those looking for a solution, I fixed a similar issue to this by setting up a new temporary account, logging out of my normal account, and logging into the temporary account. The Windows 8 new profile wizard will launch and install the default set of apps, which seems to fix the issue. Afterwards, I rebooted and logged into my normal account and the Store and PC Settings worked fine. Below is more on the process... I hope this helps!

I also found creating new user via Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Another Account > Add a new user in PC Settings didn't work, because PC Settings doesn't launch...

So I fixed this by opening Computer Management > Expand "Local Users and Groups" > "Users" > Right-click and "New User..." > give it any temporary name and leave the password clear > Uncheck "User much change password at next logon" > "Create" > "Close" > Double-click to open the newly created user account > "Member of" tab > "Add..." > type in "Administrators" in the object names field > "OK" > "OK"

Then I completely logged out of my normal account, and logged in to the temporary account. You should get the new profile Windows 8 setup screens showing you "A new way to use Windows" (which I'm still learning) :-) and so on. During this time, it will install the default set of apps ... once the Metro screen appears ... try to launch the store and PC Settings, they should work.

So then I rebooted and logged back into my normal account, and the Store and PC Settings worked again. Therefore, the issue seems to be fixed - at least for the moment.

... Don't forget to delete the temporary administrator account using Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage... > Temporary account > Delete this account and files

Jerry