Thread: updates

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

updates

Iam average computer man at best. I was kinda wondering if Windows sends out updates a certain day of a week? Iam set to get automatic updates, but I still check them everyday anyways. Just yesterday ( Wed. December 10th ) I had 4 updates. Last ( Tuesday ) I had 18 updates. I realize some updates aren't important for my computer. But I just install them all, because I know updates are important anyways. I have no problems, I was just wondering.
    I went from Windows 8 , free update to Windows 8.1
    Thanks, Chuck

Thanks
    I haven't found a pattern yet. I guess they release WUs as soon as they "compile 'em." Once in a middle school, one desktop had 125 updates awaitin'
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Thanks
    Tuesday was patch Tuesday (Wednesday on this side of the pond). I had twelve. However, after installing them, I did my usual check and three more arrived. This probably means that the original patches had to be installed before the later ones, so they were held back to avoid fails if they were installed out of order. This is may be what happened to you. Additionally, Defender and MSE AV definition updates arrive as and when on no specific schedule, often on a daily basis.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This all makes good sense. My antivirus is Windows Defender, but I got Windows 8.1
    Some people hate Windows Defender, because it was terrible with Windows 7.
    I got Malwarebytes and Defender I run everyday, and keep updates right. This all seems to work good. Defender took a bad wrap in 7. But I think Defender in with Security Essentials added in 8 is great. Just a rookie opinion of mine. Thanks, Chuck