2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mozilla Thunderbird glitch

There is a glitch in T-Bird and when I reply to an email I cannot respond above the quoted email. I have tried various ways to correct this glitch with no success. I have read that one can uninstall T-Bird and then reinstall T-Bird without losing emails and addresses. Is that correct and has anyone tried it? Hopefully re-installation would correct my problem.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Your mail is stored in your %APPDATA% directory (usually C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird). This location is not changed when you uninstall TB.
    You should regularly back up your mail store, either by telling your normal backup program to collect files from that location, or using MozBackup.

cheers, Paul

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul T For This Useful Post:

PCLearner (2014-12-11)

Thanks
    Neither Firefox or Thunderbird user appdata sections are bothered by uninstall, reinstall. Version changes will introduce an add-on or plug-in incompatibility or two, other than that, no problem.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RolandJS For This Useful Post:

PCLearner (2014-12-11)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Check your Account settings. Tools-->Account Settings-->Composition and Addressing. There is an option to do just what you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjk View Post
    Check your Account settings. Tools-->Account Settings-->Composition and Addressing. There is an option to do just what you want.
    I have done that over and over plus I have gone into Config with no success at all.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you got the latest TB update (Version 31.3.0)?
    Have you run TB in Safe Mode? (Help > Restart with Addons Disabled.) You may have a corrupt Addon causing the problem.

Thanks
    Either FF or TB, one can go into the Add-on section, disable the plugins, extensions, all at once and reactivate one at a time & test, or, one can disable one at a time, and test.
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have uninstalled TBird 3X and reinstalled it with no change;i.e. I cannot place my response to an email above the quoted email.
    An apparently major glitch and I cannot figure out how to correct it. Any additional tips are appreciated. I do have the current version of TBird.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have uninstalled TBird 3X and reinstalled it with no change;i.e. I cannot place my response to an email above the quoted email.
    An apparently major glitch and I cannot figure out how to correct it. Any additional tips are appreciated. I do have the current version of TBird.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I have TB V31.3 and it is exactly as Thomas describes in post 4 above. You have to check the settings for each account you use - I have about 5.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    From the Tools menu select Account Settings
    (You may also select your account in the left pane and select View Settings from the right pane.)
    In the new window, select Composition & Addressing under your mail account in the left pane.
    Check automatically quote the original.... Under it select start my reply above the quote from the drop-down list. Then you probably want to place your signature below my reply in the next drop-down list.
    Repeat for each mail account in the left pane.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to patdrummond For This Useful Post:

RolandJS (2015-01-05)