Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to reinstall Home Office 2007 legal copy on my reformatted PC

I am getting ready to do a Clean Install of Windows 7 Home Premium on my home computer. I will do a backup of all files but I know I will have to reinstall my programs, several of which are licensed copies. One of them is MS Home Office 2007 (I have a 3 license copy and have used all three for other computers I own).

Will have encounter any problems with reinstalling this program? Is there something I should do before I do this Clean Install?
    Life is short, eat dessert first.[media]http://www.radreise-verlag.de/UBCmedorand.jpg[/media]

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    You might not be able to do the online Activation since it has already been installed but you will be given a phone number and a large number to read into the call [sounds like it's a machine]. If that fails you should be turned over to a person and be able to explain the situation. I've never been denied. A note: I've reinstalled various programs and after a long period of time seems the database they check against doesn't have a current record.

Also, if a situation prevents buying a program one might consider either OpenOffice or LibreOffice, quite similar in use, free and can work with most Office documents except there's no comparable application to Access, Publisher and Outlook. LibreOffice 4 can work with Works files but OpenOffice 4 doesn't.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-12-13 at 11:19.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    You might not be able to do the online Activation since it has already been installed
    That is garbage! You can reinstall Office as often as you like on the same hardware. I have used office for decades, including having to do reinstalls at various times, and have never once had an issue with the product key not being accepted for on-line activation.

BarbieGee: Make sure you have your original installation media and, especially, the Product Key, before wiping your System. If you can't find the installation media and Product Key, you can download a backup copy of Office from http://products.office.com/en-us/dow...ffice-products (scroll to the bottom of the page). You can also retrieve the Product Key with Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder: https://www.magicaljellybean.com/
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieGee View Post
    I am getting ready to do a Clean Install of Windows 7 Home Premium on my home computer. I will do a backup of all files but I know I will have to reinstall my programs, several of which are licensed copies. One of them is MS Home Office 2007 (I have a 3 license copy and have used all three for other computers I own).

Will have encounter any problems with reinstalling this program? Is there something I should do before I do this Clean Install?
    If you already have three active installations, yes, you will have a problem. Absent that, you can install it using the installation disks. If there is a problem with online activation, you will be given the options Berton describes. However, as macropod says, generally there is no problem reinstalling on the same machine.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Generally the activation problem occurs if you are using a different key than the one you were given, or if the hardware configuration has changed (new disk, or motherboard.) Our experience has been that autoactivation fails about three percent of the time (out of 312 machine/attempts). Manual "Telephone" activation has NEVER failed, when re-using a legitimate license key on a repaired and rebuilt machine. Conclusion: May not auto-activate, but with a little extra effort, it'll work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jhwhood For This Useful Post:

Charles Kenyon (2014-12-19)