Star Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 German to Windows 7 English - CLEAN INSTALL or ?

I purchased in Germany, four years ago, an Asus notebook UL30A. When I set it up I set the language of the O/S to German. Now I am in the USA and would like to set the language to English. Should I do a CLEAN INSTALL or something else? I have all the discs that came with the PC - Windows 7 Recovery Media, Power2Go, and Driver Utility.

I have backed up the computer.
    Life is short, eat dessert first.[media]http://www.radreise-verlag.de/UBCmedorand.jpg[/media]

Thanks
    If you have the English language pack installed:

1.Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

2.Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

3.Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately these steps did not work. The German version of Windows 7 has many little quirks. I could change the keyboard language and some of the pull-down windows language but the O/S remained in German. The Windows 7 version is Home Premium which will not allow a change in O/S language. Windows Premium Edition or Pro can be changed through Windows Update files but not HOME Premiun.

I used the backup discs I created when I purchased the computer to restore to factory settings. Yes, all programs and files are gone but that is not a problem for me. I mention this here for others who may contemplate this procedure with the warning that it does, indeed, remove all your programs and files.
    Life is short, eat dessert first.[media]http://www.radreise-verlag.de/UBCmedorand.jpg[/media]