Star Lounger
    Thanks

HDMI to VGI projector

With W8.1 & Powerpoint 13, using laptop with hdmi to projector with vga, so bought hdmi to vga connector (expensive at 40)

It works BUT problems using Presenter View, which invariably shows in BOTH laptop & projector screens. Can sometimes get there, with projector screen showing just presentation slide, whilst laptop shows next slide, etc.....but after seemingly random toggling & messing about.

Anyone got a magic bullet, please?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hession View Post
    With W8.1 & Powerpoint 13, using laptop with hdmi to projector with vga, so bought hdmi to vga connector (expensive at 40)

It works BUT problems using Presenter View, which invariably shows in BOTH laptop & projector screens. Can sometimes get there, with projector screen showing just presentation slide, whilst laptop shows next slide, etc.....but after seemingly random toggling & messing about.

Anyone got a magic bullet, please?
    Not sure I have a magic bullet, but I will tell you of my experience, maybe it will help?. My laptop is Win8.1, Libre Office and 1920*1280 resolution. I create Powerpoint presentations on my desktop using Office 2013 then use the laptop with Libre Office when presenting.

When using a projector that only had a VGA input, I purchased an active HDMI to VGA cable. This kinda worked but only really worked correctly when I lowered the laptop screen resolution. I had Win8.1 set to "duplicate" the laptop screen to the HDMI port. At full HDMI resolution, some slides just didn't display correctly. Using OpenOffice this way on the laptop caused all slides to display in monochrome.

The eventual solution (for me) was to use a different projector that offered an HDMI input. This worked without lowering the laptop screen resolution just fine.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmeist View Post
    Not sure I have a magic bullet, but I will tell you of my experience, maybe it will help?. My laptop is Win8.1, Libre Office and 1920*1280 resolution. I create Powerpoint presentations on my desktop using Office 2013 then use the laptop with Libre Office when presenting.

When using a projector that only had a VGA input, I purchased an active HDMI to VGA cable. This kinda worked but only really worked correctly when I lowered the laptop screen resolution. I had Win8.1 set to "duplicate" the laptop screen to the HDMI port. At full HDMI resolution, some slides just didn't display correctly. Using OpenOffice this way on the laptop caused all slides to display in monochrome.

The eventual solution (for me) was to use a different projector that offered an HDMI input. This worked without lowering the laptop screen resolution just fine.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Many thanks for bothering to reply.

After seemingly hours of fiddling, I have now got the system to work, using the HDMI to VGA converter.......more by luck than judgement, I suspect!

Colin

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    So, what did you change?

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by hession View Post
    Many thanks for bothering to reply.

After seemingly hours of fiddling, I have now got the system to work, using the HDMI to VGA converter.......more by luck than judgement, I suspect!

Colin