Thanks

Something happening to emails

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with WLM 2012. I am seeing in my inbox and inbox folders all of my e-mails for at least the last year, which is what I want.

I am running Windows 8.1 RT, with Outlook RT. I am missing a whole lot of emails. Without doing a lot of digging it appears that everything past a month is gone, and folders are empty. For example, on my tablet I show only 1 email from Office Watch but on my WLM I show a combined 98 from Windows Secrets and Office Watch.

I am running a Windows Phone 8.1 with Developers Preview. On this device I am also missing email as stated above.

In OneDrive again, it appears that all email is gone past 1 month. folders are still there, but no email.

I have checked the archive folder, but nothing is there.

I am befuddled, and some of those e-mails I need. I have been through the settings and don't see anything that I can change to stop this.

Help!

John
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    One possibility is that one your E-Mail Clients is not set to leave a copy on the Server, I'd venture that it is your WLM. The way that E-Mail Clients work is to download messages from the Server which then deletes the messages from the Server unless that 'leave a copy' has a checkmark in Accounts. The easiest way I see to get the older messages to the other devices is to Forward them to yourself but that will duplicate them on WLM.

Just a note, this would fit in "Non-Outlook E-mail", it's not actually part of Office.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-12-16 at 12:43.

Thanks
    At first read, that sounds about as good of a solution as I can think of and one that I didn't check. However WLM is the only one of the three that is working correctly. After further review I don't see anything that I can either check or uncheck to let the mail stay on the server in either WLM or Outlook RT. I used that setting when I was on POP3 so I could get my email on different devices such as my Blackberry.
    But again I don't see anything of that nature on either WLM or Outlook RT.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows Live Mail go to the Accounts tab, click Properties, click the Advanced tab and at the bottom in the Delivery section is where "Leave a copy" is located, put a checkmark in its box, the other 2 boxes below that are your choice.

Your late mention of
    I used that setting when I was on POP3
    suggests you may be using IMAP or other protocol.
    Last edited by Berton; 2014-12-16 at 13:44.