Thread: RKill

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RKill

First of all my computer skills are just average at best. Iam very curious about this. I have this program from Bleeping Computers called ( RKill.exe ) You can run it first if your antimalware wont run, then you can run your antimalware tool. How this all works. I don't know. I got this new folder I named ( computer things ) I keep this on my desktop. I keep my programs in it like Malwarebytes, Super Anti Spyware, Ccleaner, AdWcleaner, SSD Tweaker and RKill.exe well every time I boot my laptop RKill.exe is allways gone from this folder, never nothing else. I renamed RKill.exe to just ( RKill) not the exe. Computer shows its clean. I just don't why it allways gone. Thanks, Chuck
    Last edited by Chuckracer; 2014-12-16 at 20:39.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Unless it's a shortcut you cannot remove the extension, that's a command and runs the application. Without the .exe Windows doesn't know what to do with the file. And it could be your AV doesn't like it.

Thanks
    RKill is an application developed by BleepingComputer with the intention of
    assisting anyone who is in need of help removing malware.
    Unless you now what you are doing, it should be used in conjuction with their help only,
    and not run willy-nilly just for the sake of it.
    The program is not an installable, it's a one-time executable. The behavior you're experiencing is normal.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That makes sense. See my downloads shows rkill.exe but when I copy and paste to my folder on desktop, after a reboot its allways gone. Is there anything I can do to keep this in my folder? Since I make this short cut its gone. This all makes sense to me, thanks to you. Thanks, Chuck

Thanks
    I keep a copy in my toolkit.
    Try another location inside a folder, preferably off the main drive.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

RKill

Clint, I solved this RKill thing. I deleted it all. Really I don't need it, if I ever do I no where to get it. My computer skills are average at best. What I read about RKill, and iam not positive. RKill is only used if your antimalware wont start, then you can run antimalware. I got Malwarebytes I run every day and my antivirus and keep updates present.
    I also got Ccleaner, it just delete the minor things. I don't use it for anything else. I no never mess in registry, that's for people that no what there doing. I don't. My computer is clean of malware.
    Clint am I correct with RKill. Not to use it, only if you have too? Thanks for your help. Thanks, Chuck

Thanks
    Clint am I correct with RKill. Not to use it, only if you have too? Thanks for your help. Thanks, Chuck
    That's right, I wouldn't routinely use it.
    DRIVE IMAGING

Latest Build: