2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Word 2010 - Is there a way to repeat header rows of a table nested within a table?

I am creating a template for a document that is going to be set up with two columns. The heading for a section will appear on the left, and the text associated with the heading on the right. We have determined that the easiest way for people to work in this template will be to use tables for the two columns. This works great, except on the occasions where another table needs to be nested. I have been googling and can't see any advice on how to get those heading rows to repeat. Any suggestions?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I would set up the document with a single column and set the heading style to use a frame that sits out on the left of the column. This gives you the same sidebar heading look without the drawbacks you have discovered.

To try this out, set a wide left margin eg 8cm and then modify the style definition for Heading 1 to something along the lines of the following:
    Set the paragraph space before = 0
    Add a frame with these settings: Text wrapping = Around, Width = exactly 5cm, Height = auto, Horizontal position = Left; Relative to = Page; Distance from text = 1cm, Vertical position = 0; Relative to = Paragraph
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Andrew, thank you, I will try that. I was trying to find something that would be easy for people with marginal formatting skills to easily use. I'm not sure the tables are the way to go for that purpose either. I got around the header issue by taking the table out of the larger table and letting it stand alone.