5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

is chrome malware?

chrome gets into a fight with mbam periodically

what would chrome be doing that my security software and chrome go into infinite loops fighting each other ?

is chrome malware?

i know google makes you agree to give up all your secrets in the TOS but it seems like it is going a bit overboard when chrome and mbam are each using 50% of the cpu cycles and you cant do anything else

sometimes chrome will give up and say aw snap
    then a reload gets it going okay

sometimes i have to go to task manager and kill chrome
    then on a restart it will work okay

i guess this could be bad hackers code messing up caching or maybe just a buggy script that wont end

but when mbam gets involved i suspect malware and chrome doing things it should not be trying

Thanks
    I'm using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.95 m with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium 2.0.4.1028 and can't say I've noticed any CPU-intensive issues from either.

I've had Chrome pages 'snap' but that's usually when I have more than 20 pages open in Chrome and it slows to a crawl when it tries to process unresponsive scripts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball View Post
    is chrome malware?
    I might call it "spyware", because Google's whole business model is to vacuum up as much information as they can from everyone, particularly from those who use their products, and then resell that information.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjimphelps For This Useful Post:

KrakowKaz (2015-02-13)

Thanks
    This sort of behaviour is often caused by corrupt or out of date extensions. Try disabling them and see if the problem stops.

1.Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    2.Click Tools.
    3.Select Extensions.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Malwarebytes will always id as PUP some stuff that Chrome slides on to your machine every time you open Chrome. Not malware, just potentially unwanted programs - I just let Mbam whack those and next time I use Chrome we do the dance again. I don't use Chrome much so it isn't a problem, but not malware just Google trying to take over the world.

Thanks
    One can also exclude known-good folders, processes and files within almost all antiviri and antimalware programs. I exclude many W95-98 programs, a few current folders, some current files [such as Online Bible stuff].
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Jeepers, this thread is about 80% F.U.D. If MBAM is active it is looking at some of the same data streams that Chrome is using and there's a conflict (intermittent?) somewhere. Addon invocation seems a sensible place to start.

I wouldn't put it past Google to engage in some disreputable acts as far as the competition goes, but they have FAR more to lose by engaging in any undisclosed activities concerning the public...and that may be part of Google's problem with the public; they seem to be far more transparent about the good and the bad of such companies than the competition is.

To me it actually begs the question, why be on the Internet at all if worried a lot about such things? Computers are the Internet and they do information collection like they were made for it. Go figure!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calimanco View Post
    This sort of behaviour is often caused by corrupt or out of date extensions. Try disabling them and see if the problem stops.

1.Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    2.Click Tools.
    3.Select Extensions.
    I see Chrome acting up on many customers' computers. It is almost always caused by bad extensions that have somehow snuck on.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

Thanks
    I appear to have got rid of a crash-on-startup problem with Chrome on a friend's laptop by uninstalling "Browser Extensions" and SP.EXE from Spigot Inc. These would appear to have crept in via a download of some software which contained them as a side-effect. SP.EXE ("Search Protection") seemed to use a significant amount of the CPU, even when nothing much else was happening on the laptop.

"Your unwanted software may vary..."
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Absolutely no! I'm currently using Chrome. It's very good.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjimphelps View Post
    I might call it "spyware", because Google's whole business model is to vacuum up as much information as they can from everyone, particularly from those who use their products, and then resell that information.
    This