Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2013 - Drag & Drop Image File

Until recently, it was possible to drag and drop an image file from MS Photo Gallery into a Word file on my Windows 8.1 64-bit system. This no longer works, but returns no error message. It simply does nothing.

FWIW, I have a test system running Windows 10 with Office 2013 (also 64-bit) and this feature does work fine.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a solution. This is a feature I need a lot, as I embed photos into Word files routinely.

Thanks for any assistance.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Does it work to drag an image file from Pictures into a Word page, bypass the viewer Photo Gallery?

Lounger
    Thanks
    If by "Pictures" you mean the Windows Explorer Pictures Library, the answer is yes. The same is true of the Windows Explorer alternative I use (Directory Opus) for file management.

The reason I would normally drag from Photo Gallery is that I do the basic touch-up there (brightness, contrast, straighten, etc.) and then it's most convenient to drag it into Word. Funny that a clean install of Windows 10 Preview with Office 2013 works the way it should.