- Improved localization support.
    - Minor GUI Improvements.
    - Minor bug fixes.

Download HERE

Cheers,
    Drew

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I got an auto prompt for the update when I used it yesterday - but thanks anyway.

Thanks
    I finally found an actual use for CCleaner just a few weeks ago! When I was returning a drive to Seagate for warranty replacement, I used Drive Wiper to clean the old drive before I packed it for shipment.

I have an extended Cleanmgr.exe run by Task Scheduler every night, and on occasion I will run CCleaner in its default settings to analyze my drive. It always finds ~350MB - 500MB of files, but they are predominately files that I have no need to delete. Temporary Internet Files are about half, but their numbers are always about the same; Internet Explorer settings limit the TIF cache, so the older files get shuffled out of the way by newer files. If I delete them, they will quickly grow back to the same aggregate size—not much advantage there.

So, on a 1TB drive I have about 0.1% capacity being used by a mostly self-refreshing cache. Not a big concern for me. As for the rest of CCleaner's options (aside from Drive Wiper), I either have no use for them or have similar (or better) capabilities with other utilities that I have available, or within Windows itself. And I neither use nor recommend the use of "registry cleaning".
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Banned Member
    Thanks
    Thought I'd share this, found it funny... this latest version was released 2 days ago. I installed it immediately. And put notice of it in some IT forums where I write. Just a moment ago I received an E-mail from Piriform informing me of the Update.

Well, I got a chuckle out of it, anyway.

Cheers,
    Drew

PS: I strongly support the "stay out of the Registry" school of thought. I have always & forever discouraged my clients & customers & Forum readers from playing in that sandbox, w/ anything, period.