New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2002 and WOPR XP (WOPR 1.00.0017, Word 10.2930.2625)

I am running Office XP and WOPR XP on Windows 2000 on a reasonably current PC (800 mhz, 256 Mb ram).
    When I double-click a Word document, I get the following error message:
    "Cannot find the file 'c:..filename.doc' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."
    The error does not occur if Word is already open (whether I open the file from within it or not).
    It also does not occur when WOPR is un-installed. Re-installation caused the error to return.
    The error seems to be related to the timing of loading Word and the WOPR modules. I have all the WOPR modules loaded and have not checked them individually to see if there is a particular module at fault.
    Any thoughts? (other than keeping Word open all the time, or doing without WOPR)
    Thanks
    Les Pearce

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2002 and WOPR XP (WOPR 1.00.0017, Word 10.2930.2625)

Les,

This might be more appropriate in the WOPR peer-to-peer forum, as it is WOPR specific.

Geoff
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2002 and WOPR XP (WOPR 1.00.0017, Word 10.2930.2625)

I understand that this thread has been moved but I sure can't find it now - the links take me to irrelevant topics in VBA.

I've also noted this problem but hadn't previously related it to WOPR. A resolution would be good, as would continuing this thread in Word as it is the affected application.