Thanks

Lock Screen issues

About a month or so ago I updated Facebook with a new photo. The photo is the Seahawks Christmas Tree Ornament. I also update my tablet lock screen as well.
    Shortly there after I noticed that my tablet was picking up the old Facebook cover and using it as the main picture and then inserting the new picture as well.
    I have since deleted the "Beast Mode" photo from Facebook but as you can see it is still occurring.
    I have made no changes to Facebook and am at a loss.
    Any ideas
    Screenshot (5).png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    The photo is the Seahawks Christmas Tree Ornament.
    I googled it and I'm none the wiser.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    I'm guessing something to do with live tiles? My Windows phone picks up my facebook background image for the facebook tile, but my lockscreen image doesn't change; it's set for weather. I don't have a tablet, so I can't speak in that regard.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    To me it seems normal to have the picture associated with your account displayed in the lock screen. Using a Microsoft account and having a facebook account linked seems to result in Windows picking up your facebook photo for your account.

Nothing of what I read in your description seems to indicate that there is something not working as expected.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Alas! Sometimes we get what we did not know we asked for
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    +1
    for 5starlounger

Thanks
    After going through every single photo on my Surface, as well as Facebook and OneDrive, I decided to do a refresh. At first everything appeared to be fixed but nah that would have been to good. When the lock screen started overriding again, I took it into the Microsoft Store here in Chandler Az. It was determined that the Lock Screen "cache" was the culprit. Once that was cleaned every thing is now back to normal. One thing now however seems to have popped up. Here is an example. When I have app open from the start menu and close it my tablet switches from the Modern to the desktop. I'm thinking that we did something in the settings fixing the lock screen issue but I'm at a loss as to what it could be.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Ahh, I remembered Case Closed
    Thanks John