Thread: screen shots

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

screen shots

Computer skills are just average. But I need a little help. I can take screenshots fine, I do this a lot.
    When I take a screenshot, I go check and make sure it took ok. On a search I did it, says screen will dim indicating screen shot took ok. Screen doesn't do anything at all. Is there anyway I would know if screenshot took ok, without going and checking? Thanks Chuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
    Computer skills are just average. But I need a little help. I can take screenshots fine, I do this a lot.
    When I take a screenshot, I go check and make sure it took ok. On a search I did it, says screen will dim indicating screen shot took ok. Screen doesn't do anything at all. Is there anyway I would know if screenshot took ok, without going and checking? Thanks Chuck
    Am using Win7 so cannot say for sure. Win7 has All Programs/Accessories/Snipping Tool which allows me to capture a screenshot of an area of the screen which I define by using the mouse to drag a box around the desired area. The screen dims after I launch the Snipping Tool, and during drawing the box, but returns to normal state after I have finished drawing the box when the Snipping Tool displays a "Save As" dialog to save the screenshot as a PNG file to a folder of my choice and with a file name I enter. Does this help?

Otherwise, on any modern PC if you press the "Print Screen" (or "PrnScr") key Windows will take a screenshot of whatever is currently displayed which you can subsequently paste into a graphics program such as All Programs/Accessories/Paint.

If you press and hold down the Alt key then press the PrnScr key Windows will take a screenshot of only the currently active program window.
    Last edited by Coochin; 2014-12-23 at 12:57.
    Computer Consultant/Technician since 1998 (first PC was Atari 1040STE in 1988).
    Most common computing error is EBKAC: Error Between Keyboard And Chairback
    AMD FX8120 (8-core @ 3.1GHz) CPU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 motherboard, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz RAM, ATI-AMD Radeon HD6770 PCI-E VGA, 480GB Kingston SSD, 2TB Seagate SATA3.0 HDD, ASUS DVD/RW.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    How do you take the screen shot?

cheers, Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    How do you take the screen shot?

cheers, Paul
    I press Windows+print screen keys. Thanks Chuck

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The method we use is via Picasa. Just have it open and minimized, press the PrtScr key and the capture is automatically saved and cataloged in a designated Picasa folder and you know it was successful because a little cataloging tab pops out in the lower right for a second to let you know what it's doing. You can even click on that while it's showing and it takes you straight to the capture.

Thanks
    OP, you might also consider Gadwin PrintScreen, from either original source or from MajorGeek. It's great for kwik-shots of whatever is on display [monitor].
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it fairly simple to use Roland? Thanks Chuck

Thanks
    Yes, I set mine to the preferences that I wanted, including hotkey of PrtSc. I have residing in the taskbar notification area [always show & notify] so that I know it is loaded and ready to lock
    "Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited.
    http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forum...-Technologies/

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I use Windows built-in (to Windows 7 & 8) "Snipping Tool" tool as it's much more flexible than PrtScn. It then shows the captured data in the snip window. It's also a snip to use.

cheers, Paul