3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Location of WLM contacts store.

My windows live mail will no longer work so I have installed Incredimail, however, I cannot transfer my contacts list - I get the message that there are no contacts to import. I have looked for them but cannot complete the search path - there is no "contacts" folder. Presumably somehow they have got moved - is there a way of finding where they are, I have tried "search" to no avail. Also, what is the proper path (Windows 7) so that I can hopefully put the folder back in the correct place, where Incredimail can find it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The Win7/8/8.1 Contacts Folder should be in C:\Users\LoginName\. It's possible you'll need to Export the contacts as a .csv/Comma Separated Values file to use for the Import. If WLM can still be opened there is an Export function.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berton For This Useful Post:

mike21 (2014-12-26)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. I have found a contacts folder where you indicated, but it was empty, so presumably the contacts are stored somewhere else. I made a new csv file and put it in the empty contacts folder but incredimail still said there were no contacts to import - maybe an incredimail problem. I have since found there is a facility to import a csv file without using the contacts list in WLM, but that does not work either.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Importing contacts from Windows Live Mail

Quote Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
    Thanks. I have found a contacts folder where you indicated, but it was empty, so presumably the contacts are stored somewhere else. I made a new csv file and put it in the empty contacts folder but incredimail still said there were no contacts to import - maybe an incredimail problem. I have since found there is a facility to import a csv file without using the contacts list in WLM, but that does not work either.
    Do the following steps :

1. Try to export the contacts from Windows Live Mail as a CSV
    2. Locate CSV file at Desktop.
    3. Now, Import the CSV file (Which is available on Desktop) towards IncrediMail.

Kindly notify to me about result.